Monday, April 6, 2009

Consumed... Part 1

Okay, I admit it. I am SO a part of this. When I was first introduced to the Twilight series I just wasn't interested... books about Vampires were not on the top of my "something I would be interested in reading" list. But then the movie came out 2 weeks ago and couldn't resist seeing what all the hype was about. I watched it and honestly, it was good, but I still couldn't see what the big deal was. Knowing that books are always better than their movies, I sought out my friend's 14 year old daughter and borrowed the first book - and I couldn't put the stupid thing down!!! I started it late Monday night, read about 20 pages before I fell asleep, then finished it Tuesday night. I was back for the second book on Wednesday morning. That one was tormenting. I thought the first one was good... but they just kept getting better and better! To sum it up: I cracked open the first book late Monday night and finished the final page of book 4 a little before noon the following Monday. 2, 444 pages in less than a week. I have since bought the entire book series, the movie, and the soundtrack. *sigh* All I can say is that Stephenie Meyer is a fantastic writer. The detail and depth of this amazing love story is beyond comparison. If you are looking to get lost for a week or two, without having to physically go on vacation, I highly recommend taking a trip to Forks (the setting of the books... in case you were confused). You won't be disappointed. Or maybe you will. I don't know. I believe you have to read the whole series and not just watch the movie to make a sound judgment.
Okay, I'll end my ranting. Stay tuned to see what else has been consuming our lives lately...

3 comments:

Marie said...

Ahhh.... I remember my first week with Twilight. Very similar to yours, just add morning sickness. :) So fun!

Erin and Andy said...

I just finished the second book this week. They are pretty good! There is a book on-line written from Edward's perspective and that is really good. Check out the author's website and you should be able to read more about it.

Anonymous said...

So I hear that these books started with a dream she had and she woke up and wrote it down. then she kept having the dreams and the kept getting darker and darker. That kinda freaks me out and sounds spiritually upsetting to me. Not judging you, just what I've heard, don't even know if it's true.