Friday, August 8, 2008

Definitely one of the top five...

... reasons we live in Kuna - Kuna Days! A fun-filled small town event, with the best fireworks show since the Boise River Festival. Seriously. It rocks. Here are a couple pics, which of course don't do it any justice.
This one is so trippy looking - I love it.

Okay, so after the big fireworks show on Friday night, we got up early and went to the Fire station where Paul was fulfilling his last duties as a "probie". Each year the Fire Department has a community BBQ with a raffle and auction. It's a big undertaking, but as I overheard one lady say, "I just love having the Firefighters wait on me". Yep. Me too. So anyway, we got up and helped set up tables and chairs and then it was time for the parade - a very long, very wet parade. I think every business in our small town had a float, and it just so happened that our friends who own a gym here in town got their float stuck in between two of our trucks. Paul was running one of the hoses. They were drenched. Meanwhile, Bradley, Kialaia and I got to ride on top of one of the trucks.


Kia is holding a bag of candy in her hand - we totally ran out before we finished Main St.

So this next picture is of Zoe, the Chiefs pet monkey. She weighs about 6 pounds (up from 6 ounces when they got her). She is actually technically not their pet - since that is illegal in the state of Idaho. So she is in training to be a service monkey for quadriplegics. She is so stinking smart it's crazy. She kept a good crowd for hours at the BBQ.
Zoe's thirsty after all the entertaining!

1 comment:

Mary Bradley Black said...

Hey Jen,
Cool fireworks pics and all...looks like it was lots of fun!
XOXO,
Mom