Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Cure For The "Frumpies"

I admit I've had a serious case of the frumpies. You know, wanting to hang out in your pajamas all day (or putting them back on as soon as you walk in the door from work), taking a shower (maybe) and then tying your hair up in a bun instead of doing anything with it... reducing your makeup to just mascara and lip gloss - wait! That's normal for me : ) Anyway, it could be because it's fall and fall is cozy and cold and what better to wear than sweats, right? Or maybe it is the 2 (almost) 3 "happy" pounds I've put on since we moved and I'm not on a diet of "stress with a side of stress, please"... but no matter how you look at it, it caught up with me yesterday. My fall clothes are limited, old, faded, or don't fit. So after I finished a postpartum meeting last night I stopped by a store that just happened to have tons of yummy fall sweaters - for sale! I figure I can still be cozy, but be in style at the same time. Here is one of the sweaters I bought - if only you could reach through the screen to feel how soft it is! While I was at it I decided I needed to get rid of my dry flaky skin and do away with my rough heels... oh, and my hands couldn't be left without some super hydrating cream, right?
When I got home I couldn't wait to show Paul my favorite sweater and then begged him to take a picture of me in it for my blog... he thought I was weird but I don't care - my frumpies were cured!


Oh, and to top it all off, I stopped and got gas on my way home and filled up my whole tank for $32!!! It's been forever since that happened!!! So long are the $60 fill-ups... at least for a little while...

4 comments:

erika~ the inspired mama said...

i love the new sweaters! you look beautiful! :)

xo,
erika

Joy said...

I love how darling you look in your new sweater!

We are too much alike when it comes to what we wear, I guess. I need an update/lift, too.

Mary Bradley Black said...

What a great idea...to treat yourself for a change. You look great in the sweater and what color is the one on the hanger...black or navy? Enjoy your pampering...you deserve it!
Oh yea...one of the word verifications that came up for me was : pramor Pretty cool, huh?
Love, Mom

Shelly said...

Hi Jen - was thinking about you today and very excited to see you've been busy with your blog. So happy to see that everything is going so well for you, Paul and the munchkins. Miss ya and hope to give you a call soon to catch up. Love ya....Shelly

P.S. your special post to Bradley made me cry - what a special mom you are! XOXO