This is Aimee.
Aimee was a fun little gift that my friends thought would be memorable for my 31st Birthday this weekend. My Birthday happened to fall on the weekend of our 2nd annual Girls Weekend Trip. Instead of trying McCall again this year, we just stayed in town and got a hotel room. It was a much more relaxed version of our crazy adventures last year. I will post more about that later. I need to get all the pictures from the weekend gathered up before I can post about it. Anyway, while we were at the mall, we stopped outside Build A Bear Workshop and they informed me that I was going to build a bear. This was always something I thought I would do with Kialaia on her birthday... I actually thought they were kidding. But they weren't. So I played along and did all the silly rituals that are associated with birthing a bear (or bunny in my case). It was actually really funny and definitely memorable. The hardest part was coming up with her name. I used to speak fluent French so I often think of French words or phrases along side of my English. I was thinking of the French word for friend, Amie, so I decided to call her Aimee. She sure is a cute little thing - and if you were wondering, yes Kialaia can't get enough of her. But she recognizes that Aimee is indeed my baby, and respectfully calls her her sister.
Aimee was a fun little gift that my friends thought would be memorable for my 31st Birthday this weekend. My Birthday happened to fall on the weekend of our 2nd annual Girls Weekend Trip. Instead of trying McCall again this year, we just stayed in town and got a hotel room. It was a much more relaxed version of our crazy adventures last year. I will post more about that later. I need to get all the pictures from the weekend gathered up before I can post about it. Anyway, while we were at the mall, we stopped outside Build A Bear Workshop and they informed me that I was going to build a bear. This was always something I thought I would do with Kialaia on her birthday... I actually thought they were kidding. But they weren't. So I played along and did all the silly rituals that are associated with birthing a bear (or bunny in my case). It was actually really funny and definitely memorable. The hardest part was coming up with her name. I used to speak fluent French so I often think of French words or phrases along side of my English. I was thinking of the French word for friend, Amie, so I decided to call her Aimee. She sure is a cute little thing - and if you were wondering, yes Kialaia can't get enough of her. But she recognizes that Aimee is indeed my baby, and respectfully calls her her sister.Here I am holding Aimee right after birth (hee hee). She had much more hair than my human children and I have to say, I think I look a little thinner and less exhausted than when Brad and Kia were born too!
Like I said, I will do anther post on our fun weekend once I get the pictures gathered up. But here is a picture of my dear friend Heidi and I at our favorite Mexican Restaurant here in town on my Birthday. Heidi and I grew up across the street from each other and have known each other since I was born. We have remained friends over all these years and I love her dearly!
Like I said, I will do anther post on our fun weekend once I get the pictures gathered up. But here is a picture of my dear friend Heidi and I at our favorite Mexican Restaurant here in town on my Birthday. Heidi and I grew up across the street from each other and have known each other since I was born. We have remained friends over all these years and I love her dearly!

3 comments:
Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great time.... I can't wait to see the pictures!
Happy happy birthday. Miss ya!!
What a fun thing to do! Aimee...I love the name and she sure is cute. I'm sure Kia is loving her up. This is a great pic of you and Heidi. Thanks for the post...looking forward to more pics of your "girls weekend"!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment