Last night I had some time to sit and look back at 2007 and realized what a crazy year it was! Rather than listing things off month by month I'll just chronologically list some of the things that happened this past year...
1. Paul got to be in Arizona when BSU won the Fiesta Bowl in the most exciting game in History.
2. Paul took a bittersweet trip to Indiana to visit family and got to see the Colts beat the Patriots!
3. We sold our house in 3 weeks and moved into our new one 3 weeks later. One of my clients delivered the day we moved in. Then two more delivered that week!
4. I turned 29. Oops, this happened before we moved.
5. Brad started playing flag football
6. Kialaia graduated from her first year of preschool
7. More babies
8. We went camping in McCall and I missed my first birth ever (I was so bummed, but she delivered 4 weeks early! Praise God her backup Doula was available)
9. We fought the smoky, yucky air and stayed indoors more than any other summer.
10. Kialaia turned 4!
11. Paul turned 30!
12. Bradley turned 8! (I have an eight year old???!!!)
13. Lots more babies
14. Paul gets a job up at Tamarack and we miss him for the 6 weeks he's up there : (
15. Paul gets a call out of the blue from the Kuna Fire Department. He tests, he passes, he's in! And he's home!
As if you can't tell, I LOVE my job and like to highlight all the families I was honored to support this year. All in all, there were 14 families - but 15 babies because I helped my first set of twins! There were 8 boys and 7 girls. I'm so excited to see everyone at my annual Doula Reunion this month! Oh, and my first client of 2008 already delivered - congratulations Jill and Matt and baby Asher!
My hope for 2008 is to stay balanced. It looks like it's going to be a very interesting year and I know the only way to stay balanced and not lose focus is to keep our eyes, ears, and hearts open to where God is leading us. I pray that all of the people I care about will be blessed beyond belief this year, and that in their time of blessing they will find it in their hearts to be a blessing to someone else... let's keep this ball a' rollin'! Much Peace and Love to you all! Jennifer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are most welcome for helping make #3!!! :)
I remember some of your events but am so happy to hear of Paul's F.D. position!!!
Post a Comment