Yep, this is what I woke up to this morning... ahhh but thankfully it was after I had driven Bradley all the way to school - on snowy, icy roads to boot. GEEZ! I felt like such a dork when the duty lady came up to me and was like, "Ma'am, you have a flat tire... you horrible mother! I can't believe you drove your son to school on snowy, icy roads with a flat tire - how irresponsible!" Okay, she didn't really say any of that last part. But that's how I felt. I vaguely remember doing that whole "check the car before driving it" thing from drivers ed... but that was SO many years ago! Anyway, thank goodness my husband is un-employed and took care of it for me. Okay, I'm not really thankful he's un-employed right now, but I was glad that he was home to take care of the tire thing. And we had his truck so I still was able to go to the gym and do my workout - which included lunges by the way, and now my hiney muscles hurt really bad! : ( Did I also mention that I am really tired? It just took me 50 minutes to drive home from south west Boise because of the roads. Accidents everywhere, it was awful. But I made it home safe (thank you Jesus). So now I sit here blabbing away on my blog because I want to go to bed but my sheets are in the dryer so I have to wait. Paul said I should put a spare set of sheets on so I could go to bed now, but who want the old sheets that have been sitting in the closet for, well, a year... and they're all cold and musty and stuff. Ugh. I'll just wait. Maybe I'll have another piece of dark chocolate... I'm trying very hard to not raid my kids' Halloween candy right now. Well, I'm sure I've done enough rambling for tonight... sorry if I've bored any of you reading this.Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Great start to the day
Yep, this is what I woke up to this morning... ahhh but thankfully it was after I had driven Bradley all the way to school - on snowy, icy roads to boot. GEEZ! I felt like such a dork when the duty lady came up to me and was like, "Ma'am, you have a flat tire... you horrible mother! I can't believe you drove your son to school on snowy, icy roads with a flat tire - how irresponsible!" Okay, she didn't really say any of that last part. But that's how I felt. I vaguely remember doing that whole "check the car before driving it" thing from drivers ed... but that was SO many years ago! Anyway, thank goodness my husband is un-employed and took care of it for me. Okay, I'm not really thankful he's un-employed right now, but I was glad that he was home to take care of the tire thing. And we had his truck so I still was able to go to the gym and do my workout - which included lunges by the way, and now my hiney muscles hurt really bad! : ( Did I also mention that I am really tired? It just took me 50 minutes to drive home from south west Boise because of the roads. Accidents everywhere, it was awful. But I made it home safe (thank you Jesus). So now I sit here blabbing away on my blog because I want to go to bed but my sheets are in the dryer so I have to wait. Paul said I should put a spare set of sheets on so I could go to bed now, but who want the old sheets that have been sitting in the closet for, well, a year... and they're all cold and musty and stuff. Ugh. I'll just wait. Maybe I'll have another piece of dark chocolate... I'm trying very hard to not raid my kids' Halloween candy right now. Well, I'm sure I've done enough rambling for tonight... sorry if I've bored any of you reading this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We have some of the white stuff heading out way. I'm not looking forward to it. I hate flat tires. They slow me down and who has time to be slowed down:) I'm glad you were all safe!
You're funny...rambling on. Reminds me of the Charlie Brown movies where the adults sound like this... "Whah whah whah whah whah!" Remember that? I love crawling in to bed with sheets right out of the dryer...it's worth the wait. At least you were able to get out of the driveway to get to school...flat tire and all. We are at the mercy of the snowplow right now...Hope you have a much better day today. Love you bunches, Mom
Post a Comment