Sunday, March 2, 2008

Passion For Birth training completed!

Okay, okay, I know this is a horrible photo of me - but at this point I don't care because I am exhausted! I just spent the last three days (full days, mind you) at a Lamaze Childbirth Educator training. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever done. Teri Schilling is absolutely fantastic... and so was every woman I came to know over the weekend. Now for those of you who still remember Lamaze as the "hee-hee hoo-hoo" breathing people, I encourage you to check out their website and see how much Lamaze has changed. They are proud supporters of Confident Women having Normal Birth. Their "6 common care practices" are right in line with everything I believe about childbirth. I could go on and on but I will spare you : ) Let me just close by saying - wow, I never knew being an educator could be this much fun, yet this complex. I still have a lot of processing to do over the next few days... but I can't take too much of a break - I need to have my curriculum finished in 2 months! Yes, I am as tired as I look. And no, my camera is still not fixed. This room takes the best pictures at night because I can't use my flash at all now.
The "Birth Facili-taters!" (It's an Idaho thing...)
The circle of trust. Harder than you might think to take a picture from this angle : )

3 comments:

Fuller Family said...

Yeah for you! Good to see you again! Whats up with my fire fighter cousin anyway?

Joy said...

I actually like that picture of you. It's how I know you - comfortable and real. You know, how we are in labor, well real anyway!

Mary Bradley Black said...

Congratulations, Jenny!!! You're awesome. Call and tell me about it when you've rested up. Bunches of love,
MOM