Yep, today was the day when my brother finally got to say to me - "Welcome to the 30's!!!" and I think there was a ha ha ha at the end, but I can't remember : ) Honestly, people always talk about how hard turning 30 is but I feel GREAT. I love my life. My 20's were full of new beginnings and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in this next decade. Just for memories sake, here are a few of my proudest moments in my 20's (not necessarily in order of importance):*Building our first home
*Birthing two beautiful babies (with no pain meds, I might add : )
*Saying hello and goodbye to our little Farley dog
*Buying that orange VW bus - man, I miss that thing!
*Starting my own business... and still going strong
*Winning a trip to LA to see Blink 182
*Traveling cross country to visit family in Missouri
*Watching all the "kids" grow up - from Paul's sisters getting married to my kids and my nephews celebrating birthday after birthday after birthday...
*And last but absolutely NOT least - finding my faith and becoming a Christian
Here is my birthday cake that Paul and the kids gave me. This was actually last night, because we weren't going to be together tonight.
I got out of the shower this morning and Bradley told me to go on a "scavenger hunt" for pieces of paper that would spell out a secret message. So I went around the house and collected my clues and this is what it read. Isn't he creative?!
The gorgeous boquet of flowers my mom and Richard had delivered to me!
They smell so good too... if only you could blog that!
My happy pink flower!
I just can't stop!
After I picked Kialaia up and took her to daycare I went and got a massage. I took a picture of my Therapist, Holly but my camera is on the verge of having a complete breakdown so it didn't turn out. Then my friend Tina took my out to lunch. This picture is a cheat because we forgot to have our picture taken at the restaurant so we had her daughter take this after church tonight.
When I got home from lunch, this beautiful boquet was waiting for me from my sweeties.
Here are some of the girls from the Bible Study I am teaching right now. We cut class short so we could have cake and snacks. Shhh... don't tell anyone what we ate - considering the study is a Christian weight loss/get healthy plan!
When I got home tonight I looked back over all of the cards and gifts I got today and smiled because of all the wonderful people I have in my life. I thank God for each and every one of them. Oh, and if you're wondering - the picture is black and white because I have about had it with my camera's flash not operating properly. So I figured black and white would look good no matter what.
5 comments:
You look great too! Wow...the flower Queen ;-) Great pics even if your camera is acting up. Those are 2 gorgeous bouquets and 2 cakes too. Thanks for sharing your memorable moments of your 20's...it would be good to put in a scrap book to share with your great grandkids someday and they'll think you're older than dirt ;-) I loved Brads secret message...what a great idea! Tell him I said "Good thinking, Buddy!"
Love to all, Mom
Happy Birthday!!!! Makayla's was on Tuesday. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad you are so happy. I can't wait to see what God is going to do with you in the next 10 years. Thanks for sharing your life with me...
happy birthday jenny :) 30's rock, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Hey Jenny! You look great, sister! =) It looks like you had a great birthday! I miss you so much, my awesome American family!
Did you get my little birthday message?
Well love ya tons,
Evi
Hey it's not going to be hello 31 before we hear from you again will it?
Post a Comment