Okay, so I am a little late at responding to this "tag", but my friend Erika tagged me last week so I'm assuming I am supposed to list 13 random things about me and Christmas... so here goes:
1. Can you say Latte? I can't get enough of them. Pumpkin Spice, Ginger, Vanilla, etc. etc. In fact every year one of my resolutions is to only allow myself ONE per week (as opposed to the 3 or 4 that I have during the Holiday season).
2. I love receiving Christmas cards! We tape them to the inside of the front door so we can look at them all season. These are always the last "decoration" to come down. I then keep them in the scrapbook so we can go back and look at the pictures and read the letters whenever we want.
3. The first snow. It's indescribable. I love it. It's beautiful. But the best thing is going outside and taking in the sort of muffled sound it creates. You know when cars drive by and you can just hear the crunch under the tires... it may sound weird but I love it!
4. Watching and helping Paul design and create our outside Christmas lights. This year they were all blue and white.
5. Driving around and looking at other peoples Christmas lights. Especially those who put their lights to music - we call them "crazy light houses". We did this a lot this year.
6. Snuggling up and watching Christmas movies! My favorite this year was "The Family Stone". It's been out a couple years but this was the year I watched it an embarrassing amount of times! We also watched "Elf" a lot - this was the first year I'd seen it, thanks to my friend Becky and we love it!
7. Christmas music. I really do love it, and we have all kinds. From Rap to Classical, traditional to Punk - we've got it all. Our favorite this year - Reliant K's "Let it snow baby, let it Reindeer".
8. Teaching the kids the true meaning of Christmas, whilst still enjoying the magic of Santa.
9. Reading Christmas books. I buy new ones every year so our collection is growing. They are the kids' bedtime stories for most of December.
10. Football! It's not really a Christmas thing, but there's plenty of it on during the Holidays. The only time I don't like it is when Monday night football falls on Christmas Eve. Like this year. There were a few pouts from the guys, but the women eventually won.
11. This year we watched "The Nativity Story" on Christmas Eve. I really enjoyed that and I think we'll do it from now on. It really helped me to focus on what was happening over 2000 years ago when Jesus was born. Praise God!
12. Singing Christmas Carols at Church. There is nothing like singing Christmas songs to live music with 300 other people. If you don't get warm fuzzies from doing this you may want to check your pulse.
13. All of the inside decor, including the tree, of course. This year I made it a point to get up before the kids in the morning and come down and sit by the tree, the only light in the room provided by the tiny little Christmas tree lights. I would get my Bible reading time in then, it was a perfect way to start my day.
Well, there it is - 13 random things about me and Christmas. And with tomorrow being New Years Eve, I will probably be posting a little something about that too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Jenny,
I loved reading your comments...great humor in there! My favorite line was "check your pulse" if you don't get warm fuzzies singing Christmas Carols at church. I too love the first snow and the "quietness" of it or "muffled" as you put it. Another...sitting by the Christmas tree alone with the lights on. Although this I would do after everyone had gone to bed! Thanks for sharing. I love you...Mom
mmmmmm, lattes.... :)
Post a Comment