Saturday, December 29, 2007

We had a VERY white Christmas!

We spent this Christmas up in McCall with Paul's mom and dad. There was almost 3 feet on the ground and it hardly stopped snowing the whole time we were up there. Bradley got snowboarding lessons from a Brundage Instructor one day, and lessons from his dad another. He finally started making turns when Paul was with him. Kialaia and I took off to find the "sledding hill" that actually turned out to be a "tubing hill" (I did not know this). So we pull up and see these people flying down this huge hill on tubes and I'm like, "Kialaia, are you sure you want to do this? It's going to be really fast..." and she wanted to. Right before we got on the rope tow she looked at me and said, "Mommy, I'm really scared - but I'll still do it." She's such a trooper. And of course I didn't tell her how scared I was too. I regret not having any pictures to share, but let me just say, it was really, really fast and we only did it once. Kia had to ride by herself in a tube so I had to lean over in mine to hold on to hers. I was praying the whole was down that I wouldn't flip out. Needless to say, we found ourselves a nice hill to sled down after that.
This is the view out of the back of the cabin.
My car the morning after we got there. I think Brundage got 8 inches that night.
Paul and Bradley all geared up and ready to go snowboarding.
Our sledding hill that we found after the tubing hill scare.

Kialaia the snow angel.

1 comment:

Mary Bradley Black said...

Snowboarding! My heavens...I hope he doesn't take after his "no fear" Daddy! Have you shown him the pics we took of the kite surfers? It's kind of like snowboarding on water. What a girl Kia!...I think I would have tried to talk her out of it...I love the snow angel ;-)