Thursday, February 14, 2008

True Love

I want to take a moment and wish all of my blogging buddies a very happy Valentine's Day! I also hope that each of you in your life will come to know true love - the kind that only comes from God. The Bible describes it as "Agape", or completely unconditional love. I know that many of us are blessed to have friends and family whom we love very much - and hopefully that love is reciprocated. But did you know that you are already agape-loved by God? And that His love never fails and never changes - and even if you don't love or know Him, He still loves you. Here are the heart-shaped pancakes (whole wheat apple cinnamon - yum!) that I make for my kiddos every Valentine's Day. I then sprinkle them with powdered sugar, but I took the picture before hand because I wasn't sure if you could make out the heart shape after I did that.
I really need a new camera. The flash has been acting up. I don't know if one of my lovely children was pushing buttons and messed it up or if it's just going bad... but it's either really bright like this or really dark like the one below. Anyway, here was the table setting before I went and woke the kids up.
Brad indulging in his breakfast and Kia indulging in her "makeup" (really just lipgloss and finger nail polish - that's all I let her have).

1 comment:

Mary Bradley Black said...

That's so sweet! Traditions...gotta "love" em and the kids will remember and pass it on ;-)

Loving and missing you,
Mom