Today something out of the ordinary happened. My kids were out playing while I was making dinner and like most days, I heard some yelling, some feet stomping through the garage and the door flung open accompanied by the sound of "Mo-om!" I almost started my speech about how I don't want to hear it, quit tattling, if nobody is bleeding or unconscious I don't want to hear about it - you know, the usual stuff. But today, today was different. Brad came in to tell me that he had actually been
helping Kialaia learn to properly brake on her new bike and that she had just done it "like, 80 times!" This was quite an accomplishment considering I had been out with her just yesterday trying to do the same thing... and it wasn't until she saw what her method of braking did to her pretty shoes did she even attempt to use her brake.

Brad told me he rode the tractor (fit for a pre-schooler) so that Kia would beat him when they raced.

Here she is, cruisin around the cul-de-sac.

Nope, she didn't fall after I took this picture. I was trying to catch the essence of how fast she was turning. She is so brave. I was scared she was going to fall and slide sideways for at least a couple yards... but she never fell. She was telling us how much she loved going fast!

Brad, obviously happy with his work. And yes, there was peace in my house tonight.
1 comment:
Now that's the way it's suppose to be! We're proud of you Bradley for helping your little sister learn something new. Now watch out for her!
Post a Comment