Sunday, October 5, 2008

Home is where...

You cook for your family and have time to sit around the table and share a meal together... You snuggle up on the couch on a cool fall day and watch a movie (or a football game) together...
You lay your head down at the end of a long day (the prettiest room I've ever had, by the way!)...
You teach your daughter how to ride her bike without training wheels! (living in a cul-de-sac is a huge plus for this accomplishment)...
And having a yard where the kids can run and play... or jump on the trampoline, as you can see Bradley doing in the background.
Well, there you have it - some pictures of our new place. Do I miss our other home? Honestly, not really. Was it big and spacious and beautiful? Yes, yes, and yes. But our short time there was so stressful. I've never worked so much in my life. Our new downsized, de-stressed life is awesome. I've made brownies, gone on walks, played games with the kids, cleaned the entire house in ONE day (this is a big one for me!), had friends over for movie night, and had a Fire Station party here - all in a matter of 3 weeks. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have TIME. I thank God for opening this door for us and for giving me the strength to stand up to my "giants" and say NO MORE! Oh, and in case you're reading this blog and haven't heard the news yet and are a little confused - we moved! We re-prioritized our life about a month ago and decided it was time to let go of the big house with the big up keep and the big mortgage and we moved into a nice, smaller home in a cul-de-sac with 3 of our best friends within walking distance. The only true bummer is that Paul is now 5 minutes away from the station, instead of 2, so he misses a lot of calls. And being on the south side of the railroad tracks has it's own set of frustrations - like when the train decides to stop on the tracks and you have to back up and drive down to the next crossing... after you've already been waiting for 10 minutes! Ugh. Really though - that's it. No more complaints. We are very happy. More later...

1 comment:

Joy said...

I had no idea you moved. See how out of it I am!!! :(

What a gorgeous place you have.