Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Harvest Time!

Well, since the house hasn't sold yet, the harvest is still ours, right?! Last week we took the kids to pick our pumpkins that we planted so many months ago. It was so cold outside... notice the boggin and gloves!
The next day Kialaia had a field trip to the Fire Station - and guess who got to do part of the teaching? I didn't get a picture of Paul talking to the kids, but here he is in the background. The pics never turn out good inside the station because the reflective gear throws the flash off.
Here is Kialaia's class. If you can't tell, she is the one on the bottom left of the picture. She was being a pill because she didn't want her picture taken. Oh well. One day she will look back and wonder why she was rarely smiling in any of her pictures... if only they could see that now...
I just can't believe that October is half over already! Before we know it we'll be hanging Christmas lights!

3 comments:

Fuller Family said...

Oh man bite your tounge NO CHRISTMAS talk!LOVE the house and seeing the kids!

Joy said...

I am nearly done shopping!!! WOOT!

Yes, the harvest is yours. Enoy. I am making pumpkin puree like crazy and will plant my own next year.

Pumpkin butter is delish!

Great post.

Mary Bradley Black said...

Those are great pumpkins you guys grew. The kids look pretty happy with them.
Don't a lot of kids want their daddies to be firemen or cops? They must be very proud of their daddy!
Thanks for updating your blog ;-) I love to see what's happening with my grandkids (and you too, of course ;-)
XOXO,
Mom