Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday Part 2 - The Aquarium

After going to the lighthouse we made our way over the bridge at Yaquina Bay and went the Oregon Coast Aquarium. There was so much to see there - the special feature was "Oddwater - where it's okay to be weird". They had tons of sea creatures that fit that description perfectly, along with all the oldies but goodies... like the seahorse
This guy was hard to get a picture of because he swam so fast. This was inside the wonders of the deep, where you walked through tunnel after tunnel of aquarium surrounding you on 3 sides - very cool.
I was looking straight up when I took this picture.
Here's a picture of the outside of the first tunnel. Bradee had so much fun using her momma's nice camera.
Us girls hanging out outside of the wonders of the deep. I never checked the temperature but it was supposed to reach 70 degrees and I'm pretty sure it did. It was a perfect day!


These huge crabs were part of the Oddwater display.
They also had a touch pool where they had these stingrays and little sharks that you could touch! Kialaia became fascinated with stingrays and she almost touched this one, but got scared at the last minute. I can't say I blame her.
I love starfish. We looked for one every day at the beach in the tide pools but never saw one.

No comments: